Sunday, September 8, 2013

Breaking in the SR-22

In May I bought a Ruger SR-22.  What with one thing and what with another, I still hadn't had a chance to shoot it.  So today, my Uncle took me down to the railroad tracks and we put about 250 rounds through it.  


It's a sweet little gun, I really like it.  It is a trick to conceal.  My next gun will be a 9 mm with a smaller frame.  But for now, this is an inexpensive gun to learn with.  


While we were traipsing around down there, this guy popped out to give me the jitters.  I don't usually have problems with rattlesnakes, but then again, I usually see them before I hear them.  He started buzzing practically under my skirt, which I didn't appreciate.  


I don't have a pics of the cactus pads which I blew holes in, because I was trying to get as many rounds through as possible in a hurry.  I had 3 FTFs, but I'm using cheap ammo, 'cause that's what's easily available.  

Overall, it's a very fun, easy gun to shoot.  The 10-year-old did alright with it.  So that's that!

No comments:

Post a Comment