Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Back to Blogger (and an inaugural backpacking trip)


I feel silly about all the bouncing around I've been doing - shutting my first blog down with out warning, moving to Wordpress, and now reverting to Blogger.  I needed to close the first blog and I've never liked Wordpress.  So it's hi-ho, hi-ho, back to Blogger I go!  Now I have to get all comfy and organized over here again :p

Osprey Ariel - the pack on my back
Speaking of organized - I tried backpacking for the first time.  I'm not much of a hiker, but I love to camp, so I wasn't sure if backpacking would be a really great camping trip or a hiking nightmare.  Aside from a few hang-ups (like not knowing how to prepare adequately for the monsoons), it was pretty great.  I've never - never ever - carried a pack before, so my biggest concern was having 30 lbs on my back.  I thought I would be really sore the next day.  A concern that never crossed my mind was how hungry I was going to be.  Apparently carrying a pack burns thru calories much faster than I'm accustomed to.

The pictures were all taken on my iPhone, so hopefully they're showing up alright...  We were "hiking" about in the Coronado National Forest.


I think he was taking pictures of flowers...

One of many, many forks.

The beginning of the monsoon which swamped us.

We visited an old cemetery.

And some old buildings.


And some more old buildings...


Happy dog :)

Believe it or not, this was almost all the food/utensils we had.

Mom's very, very, very wet shoes...

No comments:

Post a Comment