Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Neat Ministries


I've never done a post like this before...  A sort of shout out to a few small ministries which I think more people should know about.  Last Sunday a young woman visited my church and spoke about missions in Uganda.  I was struck by her joy and her excitement about the work.  While I don't necessarily agree with having single women on "the mission field," I do think that God can use anyone anywhere.  I became so excited about what she shared that I wanted to share it with y'all.  And it started me thinking about other ministries, which aren't so big and so don't attract much attention.  They are, however, worthy works.

Erica Bulthuis with the OPC outreach.
She's part of a group of missionaries in Karamoja, Uganda.  They have a variety of ways of ministering to their community, including wells, medical, and education.  I was impressed by what they (optimistically) call "roads":





Associated links:

PPF is a ministry in South Sudan, headed by Brad Phillips (Doug Phillips' brother) and Matt Chancey.  South Sudan is the world's newest country and it's still in the throes of violence, racism, and other unrest.  PPF advocates for South Sudan, drills wells, provides medical care, supports local pastors, to name just a few of it's projects.

The Risley's are friends of ours serving in Sonora, Mexico.  They are such a neat family and God has blessed them so abundantly.  They provide medical care, establish and support core groups of christians in remote villages, preach in the prisons (!), and so, so much more.  You can sign up for their newsletter on their website (which is designed by a christian web developer EBC).

No comments:

Post a Comment